SORTING AND SELECTION PLANT
The plant is located in Lonato del Garda (BS), near the A4 motorway in Desenzano del Garda.
The main treatments relate to waste from the following industrial activities:
- PAPER MILLS;
- STEEL FACTORIES;
- WASTE INCINERATION PLANTS;
- LANDSCAPE BONIFICATIONS.
The sorting and selection plant is able to handle very different types of product. Thanks to the modularity it has always been conceived, it allows to quickly change the types of treatments by following the trend of the markets.
For years, VALLI S.p.A. is a leader in the management of paper mill waste such as the "paper pulp" by continuously occupying a significant share of the domestic market.
The sorting and selection plant of special non-hazardous waste is located on an area of approximately 21,000 sqm, of which approximately 12,400 sqm are covered within a fully enclosed warehouse and within which all the authorized activities are carried out:
- R3: Recycling / recovery of unused organic substances as solvents;
- R4: Recycling / recovery of metals or metal compounds;
- R5: Recycling / recovery of other inorganic substances;
- R12: Pretreatment;
- R13: Submitting waste to one of the operations indicated at points R1 to R12.
- D15: Preliminary deposit before any of the operations referred to in points D1 through D14 (excluding temporary storage, before harvesting, at the place where they are produced).
The plant is authorized to treat 300,000 tonnes / year of Waste for Recovery (R) and 20,000 tonnes / year of Waste for Disposal (D).
The activities carried out at the plant imply, at the outset, three types of materials:
1. Recoverable waste: the fractions of waste are defined as, after the treatment processes undergone, they can be subject to subsequent recovery; The operations carried out on these types of waste are constituted as preparatory steps aimed at making the subsequent steps more efficient.
2. Waste destined for plants carrying out disposal operations in Annex B of Legislative Decree 152/06: this category includes mainly fractions of waste treatment operations, ie those fractions which are not eligible for subsequent recovery , Must be destined for final disposal;
3. Secondary / End-of-Waste: As fractions no longer subject to waste legislation, defined as products obtained from treatment operations that must have product characteristics that conform to the industry's technical regulations or in any case should be in the forms normally marketed (eg : Paper pulp conforming to the UNI 643 ® standard to connect to Recovered Materials / EoW).